If you are please let us know - we may be able to help you!
Alternatively please print off and bring in a completed carer referral form to reception.
Carer referral form
Information for carers
There is a wealth of information on NHS Choices about carers and caring. Below are some links into the site that we hope you will find useful.
- Watch this video on caring for a parent at home.
- Caring responsibilities can make it difficult to maintain friendships or develop new ones. Telling people you're a carer is important so they understand and can support you.
- Caring for someone can be a full-time job, but it's essential that you take time out for yourself too. Read our guide to accessing breaks and respite.
- Do you know your tenancy rights as a carer? Are you aware of all your care at home options? Do you need tips on moving someone around the home? Read our guide to housing for carers.
Carers support groups
Finance and Law
Help claiming benefits, looking after your bank balance and understanding the legal issues of caring.
- Directing carers to the benefits that can help them in their caring role.
- Advice and information on helping the person you look after get the benefits they are entitled to.
- How your benefits maybe affected after the death of the person you look after and what happens to their benefits.
- Advice for when carers find they have to take over the legal affairs of the person they are looking after.
- Advice for carers and the people they are looking after on claiming a whole host of other benefits unrelated to their disability or caring.
- Advice on keeping a tight rein on personal and household finances for carers.
- Information on social funds that may be available.
- Information on claiming tax credits and whether you might be eligible.