IF YOU HAVE SYMPTOMS OF CORONAVIRUS (NEW CONTINUOUS COUGH AND/OR FEVER) PLEASE DO NOT ENTER THE SURGERY.
Important information about the coronavirus (COVID-19)
The NHS has put in place measures to ensure the safety of patients and staff, which may mean your patient experience is subject to change.
Do not go to a GP surgery, pharmacy or hospital if symptomatic.
You do not need to contact NHS 111 to tell them you're staying at home.
Read the advice about staying at home.
Use the NHS 111 service if:
- you feel you cannot cope with your symptoms at home
- your condition gets worse
- your symptoms do not get better after 7 days
Use the 111 coronavirus service
Please follow Public Health England advice:
- Hands, face & space
- wash your hands often with soap and water, or use sanitiser gel if not available, especially after using public transport
- avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands
- avoid close contact with people who are unwell
- All patients must wear a face covering when attending the practice.
- Face Mask Exemption Info
You Can Use The NHS App to:
- get advice about coronavirus – get information about coronavirus and find out what to do if you think you have it
- order repeat prescriptions - see your available medicines, request a new repeat prescription and choose a pharmacy for your prescriptions to be sent to
- book appointments - search for, book and cancel appointments at your GP surgery, and see details of your upcoming and past appointments
- get health advice - search trusted NHS information and advice on hundreds of conditions and treatments, and get instant advice or medical help near you
- view your medical record - securely access your GP medical record, to see information like your allergies and your current and past medicines
- register your organ donation decision - choose to donate some or all of your organs and check your registered decision
- find out how the NHS uses your data - choose if data from your health records is shared for research and planning
- view your NHS number - find out what your NHS number is
THE COVID-19 VACCINATION PROGRAMME.
The Covid-19 vaccination programme has now begun. When it is your turn to be vaccinated, the NHS will contact you. Please do not contact the NHS.
We understand a lot of people want to be vaccinated and would like to reassure you this will happen. Please be patient or follow the following instructions:
- Immunosuppressed Household Contacts: Please contact the dedicated NHS booking line on 0115 8834640 to book your appointment.
- Clinically vulnerable: New vaccinations will be booked via the national booking service on 119.
- If you are eligible for the covid 19 vaccination please book via the national booking service using http://nhs.uk/CovidVaccine or by calling 119.
For further information on why you are being asked to wait for your Covid-19 vaccine, please read the information on the GOV.UK website or this leaflet.
Information remains subject to regular updates. More information can be found on the NHS website here:-
COVID19 Privacy Notice
Welcome to Family Medical Centre
We hope that our website helps you to access all the information you require in an easy and accessible format. Use the links at the top of the page and along the right hand side to navigate around the website.
Young People's leaflet (2019).pdf
Click here to access our Online Services Page
Please note, we can only book telephone appointments and blood test appointments requested by a doctor. If you require an appointment with a Doctor or Nurse in person, please call our reception team.
New Prescription Service- Changing 28th April 2020
All prescriptions will now be sent to pharmacies electronically.
If you have a nominated pharmacy there will be no change.
If you want to nominate a pharmacy for your prescriptions to be sent to automatically, either tell your GP practice or speak to your pharmacy.
If you do not have a nominated pharmacy you will be issued with a token which looks like a usual prescription but only a barcode on it. You take this to any pharmacy and they will scan the barcode and give you your prescription.
Please allow 72 hours for prescriptions to be processed.
Your care is our priority
Our dedicated team are here to treat those minor ailments that occur as well as providing specialist management of long-term conditions and clinics covering a wide range of healthcare issues. Our online service also means you can do a lot of things from the comfort of your home such as order a repeat prescription or cancel an appointment.
Partners in Care
Once registered, patients and healthcare professionals work together to ensure the most appropriate care is provided. This partnership philosophy extends even further and our active patient group exists to make sure that patient needs and the practice offering are always heading in the same direction.
The surgery has disabled access and toilet facilities, disabled parking spaces and an induction loop system, in the waiting area. If you require assistance, please do not hesitate to ask.
Food Bank Information
GPES data for pandemic for planning and research Covid-19
Family Medical Centre Research 2019
(Site updated 12/05/2021)